You can bring your passport application to the Andover Public Library and we will process it for you. No more standing in line at the post office. Here at APL, your application will be processed in a matter of minutes. The turnaround time on passports depends on current demand.
As of June 11, 2020, passport applications will be processed by appointment only. Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance. No same-day passport appointments will be given. Passport applications are processed at APL Monday through Friday from 9:00 am with the last appointment at 2:40 pm. We do not process passports on Saturdays. All documents must be present in order to process your application. Missing documents will require you to schedule a new appointment for another day. Please respect your appointment time; late arrivals will require you to schedule a new appointment for another day.
If a minor’s parents have different first or last names than what is on the minor’s birth certificate, the original name change documentation (marriage license, divorce decree, court order) must be provided with the application.
Please note there are SIGNIFICANT DELAYS in processing passport applications at the Department of State. Please visit the official Department of State website for up-to-date information at www.travel.state.gov or contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or email NPIC@state.gov.
Please note that the passport desk is not open if the library is closed for federal holidays or inclement weather. Check our home page for more information.
PASSPORT FEES EFFECTIVE December 27, 2021
ADULTS (AGE 16 AND UP) $130 in the form of a check or money order, made out to the Dept of State
MINORS (UNDER AGE 16) $100 in the form of a check or money order, made out to the Dept of State
ADULTS (AGE 16 AND UP) $30 in the form of a check or money order, made out to the Dept of State
MINORS (UNDER AGE 16) $15 in the form of a check or money order, made out to the Dept of State
A separate PROCESSING FEE of $35.00 is paid to the library (cash, check, or charge)
For additional information visit: http://www.travel.state.gov/
Items to bring with you:
- Application filled out in black ink (on two separate pieces of paper)
- Passport photo
- Photo ID for all applicants over the age of 16 and for parents of children 18 and younger
- Original proof of citizenship, ie., birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or old passport
- Photocopy front and back of your photo ID (on two separate pieces of paper)
- Photocopy front and back of your proof of citizenship (on two separate pieces of paper)
- Original copies of any name change information for the applicant and/or parents of minor children under 16 (marriage license, divorce decree, court-ordered name change, etc)
- A check or money order for each application.