APL Friends contribute to the library in numerous ways:
- Raise money primarily with Friends memberships and by collecting, sorting, and selling used books:
- Spring and fall sales held at the library
- Online sales
- Friends book shelf in the library
- The funds are used to partially or totally support activities and programs such as:
- Summer Reading
- Special Summer Family Events
- Children’s Tea Parties
- Games and Maker Kits
- American Girl Dolls lending
- The funds are also used to partially or totally fill gaps in the library’s budget for a variety of needs such as:
- Patio furniture
- Star Wars special event
- Peace Corps special event
- LEGO Club
Our volunteers help with events like those listed above and provide essential services like working the front desk, shelving books, and providing professional expertise such as graphics and marketing.
We welcome new ideas, all donations, new members, and especially new friends!
For more information, visit the Friends page.