To see how the Friends help the Library, click here.
Andover Public Library Friends Mission Statement
To contribute to the quality of the Andover Public Library by supporting new and existing programs, especially by raising funds and enriching our community.
Who are the Friends of the Library?
The Friends of the Andover Public Library is a great group of citizens in our community inter-woven with the library and the surrounding community.
Friends contribute to the library in numerous ways:
- The funds are used to support activities and programs such as:
- Summer Reading
- Special family events
- Game Nights and Adult Coloring/Crafting events
- Spring Break Carnival
- Tea Parties
- Adult classes and activities
- How you can help the Friends:
- Book Sale Committee
- Working the book sale
- Sorting books throughout the year
- Membership Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Appreciation Party Committee
- And much, much more!
- Or, you can be a non-working member
To join - You can pick up a membership form at the front library counter or download one here.
To donate – You can donate by check directly to the Friends of the Library and drop it off at the circulation desk or mail it to the Friends of the Library (1511 E Central, Andover, 67002). The Friends is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization and all donations are tax-deductible.
To volunteer – Volunteering your time is also a great way to help the Andover Public Library and Friends group. We occasionally have opportunities for volunteers. If you are interested, please send us an email, call or stop by the library to make arrangements to meet with our Director. You do not have to be a member to volunteer.
How we are funded – The Friends board works very diligently to continue to raise funds to support the library and our community through many devices. Here are some ways you can help:
- Friends Memberships – Membership fees are: $25.00 yearly. Click here for the membership form.
- Friends Book Sales - The Friends have the book sale case located in the library which is our continuous book sale “Book Nook”. We also have Spring and Fall book sales and internet sales. The many dedicated volunteers behind the scenes keep our book sales going! Stop by and browse our selection of items. The donation box is on the upper right corner of the Book-Nook.
- Donations – We are a 501©3 non-profit organization accepting not only books but also donations and memorials.
- Dillons/Kroger Community Rewards Program allows shoppers to select a non-profit to receive donations from Dillons. Please click here for more information or call your local Dillons store.
- Amazon Smile – Amazon allows online shoppers to select Friends Andover Library to turn your Amazon purchases into a force for good. Friends will receive donations from Amazon.com each time you place an order. Amazon Smile donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the charity of your choice. Please select the Friends of the Andover Library.
Current Board members of the Friends of the Library
Sue Windsor, President
Linda Schiller, Vice President
Leianna Coble, Treasurer
Nancy Mattke, Secretary
The board of the Friends of the Library meets the second Monday of every month at 1 pm.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR MEMBERSHIP FORM: 2023 Membership form
CLICK HERE FOR DILLONS COMMUNITY REWARDS: Dillons Plus Card
CLICK HERE FOR ANNUAL REPORT: 2019 Annual Report
WE WELCOME NEW IDEAS, ALL DONATIONS, NEW MEMBERS, AND ESPECIALLY NEW FRIENDS! We are looking forward to a fabulous year!
For more information about the Friends or to contact the Friends, send us an email at FriendsAndoverLibrary@gmail.com