Overdrive, or the Sunflower eLibrary, is a great way to check out ebooks and audiobooks from the Andover Public Library.
This service is limited, however, to patrons who live in the 67002, 67230, 67206, 67017, 67228 Andover school district zip codes.
(select any image on this page to make it larger)
To begin, in your web browser, go to sunflowerelibrary.overdrive.com
1. Click the Sign In button on the top right of the page
2. Select Andover Public Library from the pull-down menu.
3. Enter your six-digit barcode number from the back of your card. Your password is your last name in lowercase letters.
4. Once you’re logged in, you will see the Sign In button is now My Account. From here, you can view your loans and holds, see which items you have on your wish list, which items you’ve rated, and change your account settings.
5. To search for an ebook, audiobook, author, or subject/genre, select the Search button. You can search by title, author, and genre! Interested in crime books? Search “Crime.” Interested in all books by John Grisham? Search “John Grisham.” Interested in Regency romance novels? Search “Regency Romance.” Give it a try!
6. The search results will show audio and ebooks both. You can filter your search by selecting the categories to the left. To search for all available titles, select Available Now under Availability. To limit your search to ebooks or audiobooks, select the appropriate item under Ebooks and Audiobooks.
If an ebook or audiobook is available, an orange bar with the words Available will show at the top of the cover image (see “The Rooster Bar” in the image below). If a book is checked out, a white bar with the words Wait List will show at the top of the cover image (see “The Reckoning” in the image below).
7. To find out more information about a book, select the book’s image or title. This will allow you to read a short description of the book, see what formats it is available in, read a sample, and either check the item out or place it on hold.
8. To place a hold on an ebook or audiobook from the search screen, select the Place a Hold button below the title. The pop-up notification will show you where you are in line for that item and how many copies the library owns. You will also see several “read-a-likes” that you might want to check out! When the item is available, you will receive an email.
9. To check out an item from the search screen, select the Borrow button below the title. Choose whether you’d like the item for 7 or 14 days and again select Borrow.
You have the option to read the ebook in the browser, download an EPUB version, or read with your Kindle. With audiobooks, you can listen in the browser or download an MP3 version.