The Friends of the Library’s Carnival originally scheduled for Wednesday March 18th is postponed until June 1st, the Summer Reading Kickoff.
Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and #GivingTuesday – there are many ways you can be part of something big this year and give back to your public library!
On December 3rd, join other friends and fans of the library and give your time, your donations, and your support. #GivingTuesday is a great way to spread the word about what makes the library great!
And, it’s as easy as A-B-C:
Announce your support! Let those around you know you support and value the Andover Public Library. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Use the hashtag #WeLoveAPL to let everyone know why you support public libraries.
Bring in unwanted books, DVDs, games, etc and donate them to the library! Items that we are unable to place in our collection will be sold at our bi-yearly Friends of the Library book sales, which directly benefit library programs.
Commit to joining the Friends of the Library! For only $25 you can support the library’s summer reading programs, STEAM events, story times, and other great library programs!
Now, celebrate that you’ve made a difference to the Andover Public Library!
APL Friends contribute to the library in numerous ways:
- Raise money primarily with Friends memberships and by collecting, sorting, and selling used books:
- Spring and fall sales held at the library
- Online sales
- Friends book shelf in the library
- The funds are used to partially or totally support activities and programs such as:
- Summer Reading
- Special Summer Family Events
- Children’s Tea Parties
- Games and Maker Kits
- American Girl Dolls lending
- The funds are also used to partially or totally fill gaps in the library’s budget for a variety of needs such as:
- Patio furniture
- Star Wars special event
- Peace Corps special event
- LEGO Club
Our volunteers help with events like those listed above and provide essential services like working the front desk, shelving books, and providing professional expertise such as graphics and marketing.
We welcome new ideas, all donations, new members, and especially new friends!
For more information, visit the Friends page.