Position : Circulation Librarian
- When did you start at APL? I have been at the APL since August 10, 2015.
- What’s your favorite thing about APL? My favorite thing about APL is when the kids get overly excited about the books they check out.
- What is your favorite book and why? My favorite book is Mere Christianity because I love theology and C.S. Lewis is a wonderful author (my favorite too).
- Do you have any other book or author recommendations? For kiddos, I recommend any of the “Hank, the Cow Dog” series or “The Series of Unfortunate Events”. For Adults, I recommend any other book by C.S. Lewis or “The Undercover Economist” by Tim Harford
- Do you have any hobbies? (Besides reading?) Being a full time student and working does not leave me much time for hobbies but if I had the time I would practice the guitar more and get back into sports.
- If you weren’t a librarian, what would you be? If I weren’t a librarian, I would be a counselor at Portantorchas in Costa Rica.
- What’s your favorite food? My favorite food is everything that is served for Thanksgiving. (aka, I don’t have a favorite, I just like food)
- What is the funniest experience you’ve ever had at the library? The funniest experience I have ever had at a library is at the last library I worked at, I was making funny faces and sounds to my coworker (I don’t know why) and a cute guy walked up and just laughed at me… I was so embarrassed it hurt but it was still hilarious.
- What does your dream library look like? My dream library is a two story building with the children’s library on the bottom floor because even though I love children, I like it quiet when I pick out/read books and I’m sure others do as well. I would want all the stacks to be short in height do I can see everything and I would want all the books to be completely straight on the stacks. There would also be soft instrumental music playing in the background.
- Talk about other stuff you like (movies, TV, music, games, etc.) Some other things I like are the Spanish culture and learning the language, having fun with my niece and nephew, going to church, playing cards, and listening to different types of music.