Position : Children's Librarian
1. When did you start at APL? Today (August 9th, 2016) is my second day at the Andover Public Library!
2. What’s your favorite thing about APL? My absolute favorite thing about the library is the amazing entrance to the Children’s Library. It makes me happy every time I see it! Also, everyone including the directors, staff, patrons and board, has been so nice and welcoming.
3. What is your favorite book and why? My favorite book is “All the Pretty Horses” by Cormac McCarthy. I love the themes, settings and subject of the book. I also love the use of both the Spanish and English languages.
4. Do you have any other book or author recommendations? When I learned I’d be coming to the Andover Public Library as the children’s Librarian I started reading a lot of junior fiction to familiarize myself again with those books. I really enjoyed Yellow Star by Jennifer Roy and The Crossover by Kwame Alexander.
5. Do you have any hobbies? (Besides reading?) I was a busy Zumba instructor for many years and I still teach one or two classes a week when my schedule allows. I also like to run. My family spends a lot of time at the lake in the Summer and we ski every Winter.
6. If you weren’t a librarian, what would you be? If I wasn’t a Librarian my other dream job would be to work in advertising.
7. What’s your favorite food? I’m originally from California and love Jack In The Box tacos whenever I can find them.
8. What is the funniest experience you’ve ever had at the library? My first day, the ladies at the front desk and I were talking about the dress code for the library. Someone said, “On Wednesday you get to wear pajamas”. I said, “Every Wednesday is pajama day?!” She explained that it was just this Wednesday for the Lazy Day event. For a minute I really thought Andover Public library had the best dress code ever!
9. What does your dream library look like? My dream library would be a modern library with books stacked up to tall ceilings and a huge picture window with comfy seating overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
10. Talk about other stuff you like (movies, TV, music, games, etc.) I love to binge watch anything… Harry Potter, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Deadwood, The Bourne movies. Also, reality TV is my guilty pleasure. I love all kinds of music and especially like going to small outdoor concerts.