Due to the local confirmed Coronavirus (COVID-19) case and an abundance of caution, the Library has enacted a “soft closure” of the building.
What does this mean for library users?
1. Staff will continue to answer phones, empty the book drop, assist patrons with digital resources, and pull online and phone holds for patrons.
2. Patrons may place Library materials on hold via our online catalog and over the phone. Holds will be checked out to the patron and available for pick up in our lobby. If you need help placing an item on hold, please feel free to call the Library.
3. Fines on library materials are suspended.
4. Passports will not be processed at the Library until further notice. Staff is available to answer questions via phone, as needed.
5. All facility rentals are canceled and any pre-paid fees will be refunded.
6. The Library FEMA room will be open during regular library hours should tornado sirens sound. If tornado sirens sound after Library hours, the restrooms in the park are tornado shelters.
7. The Library will reopen after receiving notification from the Butler or Sedgwick County Health Department or the City of Andover that normal operations may resume. The Library Director may elect to keep the Library closed a few days longer due to the vulnerable nature of the Library.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time.
For more information, please see the library’s Pandemic Preparedness plan.