All the single ladies : unmarried women and the rise of an independent nation / Rebecca Traister.
First Simon & Schuster hardcover edition.
xii, 339 pages ; 24 cm
Examines the history of unmarried women in the United States to reveal that the concept of a powerful single woman, often perceived as a modern phenomenon, is not a new idea and explores the options, besides traditional marriage, that were historically available to women.
- Single women -- United States -- History.
- Women -- Social conditions -- United States.
- Feminism -- United States -- History.
- United States -- Civilization.
- United States -- History.
- United States -- Social conditions.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 313-339).
- Bklst 03/01/2016
- LJ 02/15/2016
- PW 01/18/2015
- Kirkus 02/01/2016
- NYT Bk 03/13/2016
306.81 TRAISTER, REBECCA