Event Details :
Our lobby is open for patrons to pick up holds, but the interior of the library, the computer lab, and the stacks will be closed. Passport, copy, print, and fax services will not be available.
What does this mean for library users?
1. Library staff will continue to answer phones, empty the book drop, assist patrons with digital resources, and pull online and phone holds for patrons.
2. Patrons may place Library materials on hold via our online catalog (https://kanshare.bywatersolutions.com/) and over the phone. Holds will be checked out to the patron and available for pick up in our lobby. If you need help placing an item on hold, please feel free to call the Library. When materials are ready for you to pick them up, you will receive a notification from the Library (text, email, or phone call). Please wait until you receive this notification or call us to ask about the status of your holds before coming to the library.
3. Your APL library card will work at any of our KanShare library consortium partners: Derby, Augusta, Mulvane, Park City, Rose Hill, Goddard, and El Dorado.
4. You can still use your APL library card for ebooks and eaudiobooks on Libby and Sunflower eLibrary. If you have questions on how to use these apps, please message us here on Facebook, call us, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Fines on library materials are still suspended and returned library materials will continue to be quarantined for five days.
6. No passport processing at the Library beginning November 30th until further notice. Staff is available to answer questions via phone, as needed. For a listing of local Passport Acceptance Centers, please visit www.travel.state.gov.
7. The Library FEMA room will be open during regular library hours should tornado sirens sound. If tornado sirens sound after Library hours, the restrooms in the park are tornado shelters.
8. The Library will reopen after receiving notification from the Butler or Sedgwick County Health Department or the City of Andover that normal operations may resume. The Library Director may elect to keep the Library closed a few days longer due to the vulnerable nature of the Library.