The Sunflower eLibrary, is a great way to check out ebooks and audiobooks from the Andover Public Library.
The easiest way to use Overdrive and the Sunflower eLibrary on your mobile device is with the Libby app.
(select any image on this page to make it larger)
1. Download the Libby app from the app store onto your mobile device.
2. In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid library card.
Your barcode is the fourteen-digit number from the back of your card and your password is your last name in lowercase letters. If you have trouble logging in, please call the library at (316) 558-3500.
If you have cards at multiple libraries, you can load each card into Libby at the same time.
3. Once you are logged in, you will see the front page of your library. You can “Search For A Book” and access your account details by tapping on the magnifying glass and icon of a girl at the bottom of the app.
4. To search for a book, tap the magnifying glass icon at the bottom and type the name of the book, subject, or author.
You do not need to type the entire author’s name or book title. As you begin typing, Libby will display search suggestions. You can either tap one of the search selections or the magnifying glass to see the results.
Next, you will see which ebooks and audiobooks the library has for your search.
5. You can further refine your search by tapping on either “Preferences” or “Refine” to narrow your search by subject, language, audience, e-reader compatibility, and availability.
6. To borrow an ebook or audiobook, tap the text that says “Borrow” and complete the borrowing process on the next screen.
7. Tap “Borrow!” at the bottom of the screen to finish borrowing this title. You can also see how many items you have checked out and have on hold on this screen.
You are limited to borrowing five items at a time and can have up to seven items on hold.
8. If the item is unavailable to borrow, it will say Place Hold. Tap “Place Hold” to continue onto the next screen and complete the holds process.
9. To confirm your hold and get on the holds list, tap “Place Hold!” at the bottom to complete the hold process.
Below the “Place Hold!” button is information about approximately how long the wait will take and how many copies the library has in our digital collection.
10. To see which items you have checked out, tap the icon that looks like a stack of two books on the bottom right of the screen.
Here, you can see the items you have borrowed under Loans, items you have requested under Holds, any items you have tagged, and your borrowing activity.
On this screen, you can also read or listen to a book in the app and manage your loan.